FAQs About Veterans Benefits
At the Law Offices of Gerald L. Kane, we are proud to represent U.S. veterans who are seeking benefits for medical care, nursing home care, and more.
It is important to remember that a full range of benefits may be available through veterans benefits programs, as well as other government benefit programs. Working with an attorney who is familiar with the many options available can help to maximize your benefits and protect your eligibility.
Contact our Encino law office online today at 818-905-6088 to speak directly to an attorney, or read these veterans benefits FAQs for answers to your questions.
Is There a Benefit Available to Help Me Pay for Nursing Home Care?
Under most circumstances, veterans are eligible to receive nursing home care through Aid & Attendance. Additionally, benefits may be available for other types of care such as assisted living.
What Other Benefits Are Available to Veterans?
In California, veterans may be eligible for many potential benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- Nursing home care/assisted living
- Medical bills
- In-home care
A veteran may also be eligible for other government benefits such as Medicaid, Medi-Cal, welfare, Social Security Disability, and more. Talk to a veterans benefits attorney directly to find out what benefits you may be eligible to receive.
As a Veteran, Do I Qualify for Special Pension Benefits?
There are certain eligibility requirements that must be met by a veteran in order to qualify for disability benefits:
- The veteran must be age 65 or older and be permanently and totally disabled
- The veteran must not have been dishonorably discharged
- The veteran must have served active duty for a period of 90 days or more
- The veteran must have served in active duty during war time (the applicable wars include WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and the First Gulf War)