Creating Comprehensive Life Care Plans
At the Law Offices of Gerald L. Kane, we help California families create solid strategies for their futures. We will work with you and your loved ones to develop a life care plan that is specific to your family and helps you reduce the stress and uncertainty of the future.
Planning now can save your family untold anxiety and expense later. Call us at 818-905-6088.
Helping Families Create Solid Strategies For The Future
We focus on both the legal and care components that make up a comprehensive life care plan. Our team includes a registered nurse who will review the specific medical needs of your loved one. We will then help you develop a plan that allows you to ensure that these needs will be met.
Our attorneys will also answer your questions, and then assist you in devising a strategy that protects your family’s assets from being decimated by nursing home costs and Medicaid/Medi-Cal reimbursement.
We offer assistance with several aspects of life care planning, including:
- Determining the medical treatment that should be provided in certain situations
- Preserving and protecting assets from nursing home costs
- Finding public and private resources to help you defray the costs of medical care your loved one needs
- Creating trusts to ensure that the financial resources are there to provide necessary care to a loved one
- Coordinating care and support, whether through community resources and education or through personal visits
- Advocating for an elder’s well-being and best interests even after he or she moves to a residential care facility, which can help prevent elder abuse or neglect
If you wait to implement a life care plan, you may be placing your loved ones at risk. The earlier you plan, the more options we will have to develop the best possible approach for you and your family.
Are You Looking For A Proactive, Holistic Solution?
Life care planning is different from other types of elder law services. Typically, people seek elder law representation after a problem has already occurred, such as when a loved one’s health suddenly deteriorates and forces him or her into a nursing home that threatens to drain the whole family’s finances. Life care planning, however, is proactive, not reactive. It gives you the chance to think through options and alternatives before any crisis arises. This puts the power in your hands and reduces stress.
Life care planning is also holistic instead of specific. Many people seek elder law attorneys for help with specific issues, such as obtaining veterans benefits. However, life care planning takes into account all your loved one’s needs — financial, physical, mental and emotional. The goal is to create a comprehensive and lasting solution.
Meet Your Team
Our team of professionals include:
- Gerald L. Kane- Attorney
- Djoanna Gan, LVN- Elder Care Coordinator
- Hasmik Stepanyan- Estate and VA Benefits Coordinator
- Sandra Peharec- Senior Paralegal
- Barbara Kingston- Community Relations Director
Let’s Talk About Your Needs Today
To discuss your life care planning needs with our experienced lawyer, please call our Encino office at 818-905-6088 or send us an email. We will help you and your loved ones develop a strategy that is right for you.
Please click this link to access our caregiver e-book page.