Law offices of Gerald L. Kane | A Life Care Planning & Elder Law Firm

Contact Gerry Today

Helping You Protect Your Loved Ones And Your Legacy

Parents of Graduating Seniors in Encino…Did You Know??

Did You Know…

Now that your graduating senior is “legally” an adult, you can no longer make important medical or financial decisions on his or her behalf



Your graduating senior may still be your baby, but in the eyes of the law, he or she is now an ADULT!

That means you can no longer make important medical or financial decisions for your child without their permission.

But, let’s face it….your job of being a PARENT doesn’t stop just because your child turns 18.  If there’s a medical emergency or your child asks for financial help, you NEED the ability to cut through the legal red tape and get involved.


  • FACTDoctors, hospitals, or financial institutions will NOT bend the rules on this! It’s against privacy laws.  You must have 3 KEY DOCUMENTS in place to make important medical or financial decisions on your child’s behalf (just imagine the nightmare of your child getting hurt hundreds of miles away at school and the hospital refuses to give you so much as a status update!).


My name is Gerry Kame, and I am an estate planning attorney from Encino.

I call these 3 key documents the Parent Sanity Protection Kit, as they give you the legal permission you need to HELP your child and avoid more gray at the same time!  The documents included in this kit include:

  • Advance Health Care Directive
  • Financial Power of Attorney
  • HIPAA Forms

This Parent Sanity Kit is normally $450, but to ensure your child is protected before the summer or college starts, you can now receive this critical kit for just $350 when you call (818) 905-6088 and schedule your appointment within the next 30 days.


P.S.- Graduation Gift for YOU:  Mention this page and receive a FREE Family Wealth Estate Planning session (normally $750) to go over YOUR will, trust, or other legal documents!  Having an “adult” child is a huge life change for mom or dad, too, and your estate planning documents must be updated accordingly!