Find out how we can help you
Contact Gerry Today


Due to precautions related to COVID-19, we have expanded our options for remote consultations. Please contact our office to discuss whether a full phone consultation or video conference is appropriate for your situation.

Someone you love is relying on you, and now you can rely on us to help reduce your stress and provide them with the best care.

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Question of the week
  4.  » What happens if I die without a will?

What happens if I die without a will?

| Feb 3, 2012 | Question of the week |

This is the answer to that question on the State of California’s website:

If you are not married or in a registered domestic partnership, your assets will be distributed to your children or grandchildren, if you have any—or to your parents, sisters, brothers, nieces, nephews or other relatives. If your spouse or domestic partner dies before you, his or her relatives may also be entitled to some or all of your estate. Friends, a non-registered domestic partner or your favorite charities will receive nothing if you die without a will. The State of California is the beneficiary of your estate if you die intestate and you (and your deceased spouse or domestic partner) have no living relatives.

As there are so many variables associated with not having a will that means, for example, your spouse may only get 1/3 of your estate OR they may get all of it.

See me to get the full details for having your plans properly executed when your family needs them to work.  Call me at 818.905.6088 or click here to book your own appointment.

Check to see if you qualify for one of the free appointments for planning that we reserve each month for new clients.