YOU’VE EARNED IT, NOW PROTECT IT!
FACT: Nursing Home, Assisted Living,
and Long-Term Care Costs $6k- $10k
PER MONTH in the Los Angeles Area…
…And Medicare and/or Private Health Insurance
DOESN’T PAY FOR IT.
July 18th – 11:30 am and 1:00 pm
Light Lunch or Dinner Provided)
The Law Offices of Gerald L. Kane
16255 Ventura Boulevard
Encino, CA 91436
Prepare Now to Safeguard Your Family & Future Financial Security!
Learn easy ways to protect your hard-earned assets and the people you love should you ever get sick, become disabled, or need long-term assisted living, in-home, or nursing home care NOW or in the future. Attorney Gerry Kane will help you uncover the TRUTH about estate and asset protection in California including:
- Will I lose my home if I need long-term care? Doesn’t Medicare cover ANY of these costs?
- What about Medi-Cal recovery?
- Is there a way to preserve assets? Is there a “look back period” in California? Do I have to wait 5 years?
- Can I just give all of my assets to my kids?
- My living trust protects everything, right? (hint: NO!)
- Will my life savings and bank accounts be up for grabs if I need care?
- How can I preserve income for a healthy spouse still at home?
It’s Easier Than You Think to Protect Your Independence and Assets & Get Your Legal Affairs in Order!
Gerry Kane will show you how strategic legal planning can help you protect your family and everything you’ve worked so hard for, if something happens to you. You will leave this seminar with a solid roadmap to safeguarding your financial future as you discover:
- The top 7 legal and financial strategies that will help guarantee that you are cared for by only the people you want, in the way you want, (without spending all of your money or your family’s inheritance!) should you become sick or incapacitated and require nursing home, assisted living, or in-home care.
- Unexpected ways to pay for care you may need in the future without burdening the people you love or losing the family home after you are gone.
- Common mistakes that can cost your family a TON of time, money, and stress if you don’t equip them with the right legal tools and “authority” they need to manage your affairs and speak on your behalf if something happens to you.
- How having “tough” conversations with your loved ones NOW is the missing link to protecting your independence…and how you can start them in an honest, straight-forward, and loving way.
- The six common mistakes seniors make when using trusts…and how to ‘undo’ those mistakes if you have made one.
- How to ensure your current will, trust, or other estate planning documents won’t FAIL (which they do 99% of the time, even when drafted by lawyers) when your family needs them the most.
All attendees will be offered a certificate for a Trust Review or an Estate Planning Consultation ($750) at the conclusion of the event.
July 18, 2018
11:30 am – 1:00 pm
To Reserve Your Spot for this FREE Seminar, Sign Up Now!
Education is our promise to you! We invite you to attend our seminars to begin the process of equipping and empowering your family with the protections afforded by solid estate planning and long-term care planning.
About Gerry Kane
Encino-based Elder Law attorney, Gerald “Gerry” Kane, has been helping clients maneuver the often rough terrain of Elder Law, Estate Planning, Trusts, Probate Law, and Veterans Benefits for over 24 years. He came to estate planning through an educational background focused on finance, tax law, and real estate, and a passion for working one-on-one with clients in a way that would truly better their lives. With this innovative, forward-thinking, custom legal and financial guidance, Gerry creates estate plans that protect them and their families as they transition wealth from one generation to the next.
Life happens whether or not we plan for it. No one knows this better than Gerry Kane. Married for sixteen years, Gerry’s first wife lost a three-year battle fighting an extended illness, leaving him with two young daughters, one with specials needs. Overnight, he became a single parent trying to juggle work, his daughter’s schedules and the legal system to protect his daughters should something happen to him. This tragic experience brought to light the need for parents to plan for life’s unexpected events. He soon created and added Special Needs Trusts and Kids Protection Planning to his legal services.
But something was still missing, a way to tie all of these specialties together and how to pay for long term care. Gerry brought this passion to offer his clients a comprehensive, holistic approach to their life planning. With his own experience, he realized the missing piece was how to help his clients maximize their quality of life while putting away resources to pay for care when they needed it. The Life Care Plan was the perfect solution to provide a roadmap for clients to navigate the elder care journey. Having a nurse Elder Care Coordinator on staff, we help our clients access all the community resources. This unique personal perspective was the impetus for Gerry to transition his elder law practice to a Life Care Planning Elder Law firm.
Gerry is a member of several professional organizations, including the Academy of VA Pension Planners (AVAPP); the California State Bar (as a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law); the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA); the American Academy of Special Needs Planners (Charter Member), Wealth Counsel, Elder Counsel, and the Los Angeles and San Fernando Valley Bar Associations. He is a recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award in Wills and Trusts and a past Trustee of the Granada Hills Hospital Foundation.
A resident of the San Fernando Valley for most of his life, Gerry gives a high priority to giving back through education and guidance in legal matters. Gerry has done many educational presentations for the community, in-services working with discharge planners and social workers at skilled nursing facilities, hospitals, the VA Elders at Risk Task Force, Alzheimer’s Greater Los Angeles, the Older Adult Task Force, many assisted living communities and the Brandman Center, a PACE program at the Jewish Home.
Now happily remarried, when Gerry is not attending to the needs of his clients, he enjoys spending time with his family and their five rescue cats.